Gray, Gray, Go Away! | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gray, Gray, Go Away!

Don't come back another day!!!

Leave it to my son to point out the color gray

Pointing to my hair....."Hey Mom, what is this?"
Grunting as I answer...."Those are called ROOTS, Son!"

My hair grows so fast I just can't keep up with the gray. In about two weeks, it starts peeking through. In four, I need a color. I literally could go broke paying someone to color it for me, which I used to actually do.  Now I have a system I use at home with color and highlights and I think I do a pretty good job.  Let's just say that I pay about 1/4 what I used to pay. The guy who used to color my hair even had positive comments when he saw it the first time, so I guess my little home beauty salon efforts will suffice for now.

What I want to know is how do people let their hair go totally gray?  I mean, is it 2 colors for a long while as it grows out?  Do people actually get their hair dyed gray so that it is a nice transition?  Some women actually look really good with gray hair, and if it is that shiny silvery gray, it is quite striking. Check out this slide show on Oprah that shows gray hair makeovers. Gray can actually be pretty!


__________________________________

If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on Face book by clicking on the link below.
Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often.

No comments:

LinkWithin