I know, I have given up lots of adult conversation by choosing to be home for a year, which is one of the downsides of staying at home. Well.....come to think of it, in my job as a third grade teacher I pretty much talked to kids 90% of the time anyway.
So, what is so great about taking a leave of absence this year and being home with my little Huddie? Well, for starters, just look at the little fellow........... who wouldn't want to spend their day with this sweet little thing!
|Who can resist this face (no, not mine silly)?|
- No work stress!
- I get to spend my days with my baby.
- I have bonded with my little guy 24/7 for the first year of his life.
- My older children have seen firsthand me putting my career on hold for the family.
- My house is clean.
- The laundry is caught up.
- My older kids get to sleep 2 hours later each morning.
- I get to take my older kids to and from school each day.
- My life doesn't seem as rushed.
- I don't have to iron my clothes daily.
- I can work in my PJ's if I so desire.
- There is no school work to be brought home taking up family time.
- We eat out less (yes, that is a plus).
- I get to bake goodies for the family and actually enjoy it.
- I can visit with friends for a play date.
- I am more apt to enjoy leisure time, such as my kids' sports, because I don't have brain overload of deadlines to meet.
- More dinners on the table for the family
- I get to put Hudson down for his naps in his own bed.
- I was able to breastfeed full time for 8 months and still daily at 10 months.
- sooooooooooo many more!
If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on Face book by clicking on the link below.
Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often.