Have you ever visited a blog and you wanted to know more about the author? Well, I have! And since The Blogging Mom is gaining more and more dedicated readers daily, I thought I would share a bit about me. These are just tidbits of information about my life, things about my family, things I have accomplished, basically just things that make me who I am. I will rattle them off in random order, and I could probably share a million things, but I'm just going to share what pops in my head.
- My parents divorced when I was 6.
- I have been married almost 18 years to my high school sweetheart.
- My brother is a doctor, my sister is a police officer.
- My husband is a teacher.
- My husband and I have 5 college degrees between the two of us.
- I have taught in the public schools for 15 years.
- Both of my older kids are in the gifted program.... terrific athletes, too.
- I used to own a kids' consignment shop called ReWearables.
- I have written a book titled Building a Home by Staying at Home. I have a copyright on the book, and it can be found in the Library of Congress. I was offered a deal by a publisher, but I didn't agree with the terms. Maybe one day.
- I owned a very successful Internet company for four years called Stuff a Zoo. I have a registered trademark on the name. When I found out I was expecting baby #3, something had to give, so I sold off all merchandise. It was a hard thing, but I have no regrets.
- I taught night classes at a local technical college for a couple of years. I taught adults who were taking classes in the elementary education and child development department.
- I ran cross country and track in high school.
- I went on to run cross country in college for a couple of years.
- I suffered from Anorexia as a young teenager.... doctors, psychologists, the whole bit. It was not a fun time in my life. I can remember the satisfaction I gained when I was in the eighth grade and the scale said 89 pounds. I plan to blog more about this one day.
- I have no living grandparents.
- I had many jobs as a teenager: nursing home, day care, shoe sale's person, men's clothing store.
- My first car was a Honda Prelude.
- I had one miscarriage before my first child was born.
- I love coffee and Diet Coke.
- I was diagnosed with Grave's disease after the birth of my daughter. I am in a remission, but my thyroid is checked often.
- I have three kids that I adore.
- and I could go on and on!!!
If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on Face book by clicking on the link below.
Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often!