Homemade Protein Shakes | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Monday, May 2, 2011

Homemade Protein Shakes

Day 7 of my weight loss plan............

That's right... here we are at Day 7 of the diet, and I have shaken it up with lots of protein shakes. I am proud to say that I am down 5 pounds.  I know, five pounds in one week seems like a lot, but keep in mind that I have pumped up the protein and removed bad carbs. I'm still exercising, combining cardio with some weight training, so my hope is the pounds will continue to fall off. Honestly, I can't believe I have done this good for seven straight days.  Even though I had my mind set on making these changes, I had my doubts about myself and my ability to follow through with it.  

Speaking of protein, have you ever really looked at the recommended amount of protein for your daily diet?  I have looked at it before, but I have never really crunched the numbers, especially if you are looking to lose weight.  The amount of protein suggested is crazy high.  Although you can find differing numbers from various sources, here is one example from a website called Fat Loss School.
____________________________

There are 4 calories in a single gram of protein. Therefore 180 – 630 calories in terms of grams of protein would be roughly 45 – 157.5 grams of protein. Here’s a list of protein calories and grams you should be eating depending on the calories in your diet:



If you’re on a 1200 calorie diet, 120-420 calories (30-105 grams) of protein are recommended.


If you’re on a 1400 calorie diet, 140-490 calories (35-122.5 grams) of protein are recommended.


If you’re on a 1500 calorie diet, 150-525 calories (37.5-131.25 grams) of protein are recommended.


If you’re on a 1600 calorie diet, 160-560 calories (40-140 grams) of protein are recommended.


If you’re on a 2000 calorie diet, 200-700 calories (50-175 grams) of protein are recommended.
_____________________________
Now, how many of you actually have a diet that consists of 150 grams of protein a day?  It is near impossible unless you are trying to achieve that goal.  Take a look at the packages of crap you eat each day. Most junk has incredibly high carbs and near zilch on the protein.  In order to get the protein high in my diet, I incorporate protein shakes. Here is the deal though, most protein shakes are not very tasty with just the powder alone.  Therefore, I have worked to devise some yummy protein shake recipes that are helping make this weight loss journey a tad easier. So far, my favorite is the Strawberry Vanilla protein shake.  It's practically sinful! Most of the shakes have 18 grams of protein and between 150-190 calories.
  

This is my white chocolate protein shake.

___________________________

Help me gain support in this effort by clicking 'like' on my Facebook page,

or clicking 'share' below to share it on your Facebook page.
Feel free to leave me some words of encouragement, as I know they will be needed! Thanks!

2 comments:

Revend said...

I love to drink protein shake. I drink it after my workout. This homemade protein shake looks healthy so i will try this today. Nice recipe.

kumaratn said...

Fitness was commonly defined as the capacity to carry out the day’s activities without undue fatigue. However, as automation increased leisure time, changes in lifestyles following the industrial revolution rendered this definition insufficient. Thanks.
Regards,
http://www.ipc-athletics.org/

LinkWithin