Savvy Shopper | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Savvy Shopper

On a recent trip to Walmart I was scanning the shelves for some great deals. I mean, come one.....It's Walmart, right?  Great deals are everywhere.  And, of course I am the savvy shopper who knows how to find those great deals, so this was going to be a no brainer!

Okay, I could go on and on about Walmart and their great deals, but haven't you heard the phrase "pictures speak louder than words"..............


The can on the LEFT came from Walmart!!!!!!!!!
Are you catching my drift yet?  I was pushing my cart up and down the isles when I came to an isle that had some great deals (or not!).  There was laundry detergent, candy, all kinds of stuff.  Even Pringles.  The price was $1 a can on the Pringles, and I thought, "Wow, that's a great deal!"   I get home where I had a couple of cans of Pringles that I bought previously and then

WHAM! ........BAM!..... what's wrong with that CAN?

Um.... it's a tad short, don't you think?  No wonder it was a good deal (or not!).  I have to say that, Yes, I felt like I had been sort of tricked in a sense.  These cans of Pringles were not on the regular chip isle.  They were nowhere near other cans of Pringles so you could visually compare them, and the cans are so tall and skinny, they just appeared to be the size of a regular can. Honestly, had I not had other Pringles in my pantry, I probably would not have noticed that I was NOT getting a great deal.

I really do think that if I went back and checked the other items on that isle, most all of them would have several fewer ounces in them when compared to the same items on the other side of the store.  Therefore I was NOT getting a good deal, I was just paying less and getting less!!  Go figure!



____________________________________

If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on Face book by clicking on the link below.

Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often.

1 comment:

molly said...

Okay guys.... I find something REALLY funny here... Walmart gets ALL kinds of complaints on their facebook page, and the company even makes responses to them. The comments don't seem to ever be removed from their facebook wall. Get this though, .... I posted a comment related to my blog posting stating what happened on my shopping trip and they flat REMOVED it. Some of the comments they reveive are very harsh, downright mean, use foul language, accuse them of things, you name it, it's on there...but my little observation comment about product size was DELETED... LOL... guess they didn't like what I saw.

LinkWithin