Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Pound Cake | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Pound Cake

As I have said before, we are a family of pound cake lovers. My kids especially like the chocolate ones I make.  Today, I decided to do something extra special and make a chocolate chocolate-chip pound cake. If you are a chocolate lover, this is a perfect pound cake. It has chocolate through and through.  I revamped a recipe I had in order to make this my own.... The Blogging Mom's special recipe.  Like most pound cakes, this is a very dense cake.  Because of that, you will need to monitor the cooking time. Enjoy!


Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Pound Cake


 
Ingredients

3 cups sugar

1 ½ cup butter, softened

4 oz. cream cheese

5 eggs

3 1/4 cups cake flour

¾ cup cocoa

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

½ cup vanilla almond milk

chocolate syrup

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Grease and flour cake pan.

Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.

Mix butter with vanilla and sugar till light and fluffy. This will take a few minutes.

Add the cream cheese

Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.

Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.

Pour half of the batter into the pan. Squirt chocolate syrup around on this later.

Add the second half of the batter.  Squirt chocolate syrup around the top and then sprinkle the choclate chips.

Bake for approximately an hour at 325 degrees. At one hour, I turned my oven down to 300 and backed another 15-20 minutes.

Cool 10 minutes or so in the pan, then turn out on a wire rack to cool.


_________________________________

If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on Face book by clicking on the link below.
Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often!

No comments:

LinkWithin