How to Fold a Shirt | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How to Fold a Shirt

Yesterday I got into a closet organizing mode.  I decided to give my closet some much needed love. My first move was to purge the closet of anything I haven't worn in 'who knows when', which meant I was getting rid of a LOT of stuff....  purses, belts, hats, and clothes.  Let's just say that some Goodwill shoppers will be pretty happy.



Of course, organizing the closet  meant I had to refold everything all nice and neat.  I am a pretty good clothing folder, but I got to thinking that it sure would be nice to have one of those Flip and Fold shirt folders I saw them using in a department store the other day.  I saw one a long time ago on an  infomercial, but I was surprised when I saw it actually being used in a store.  Come to find out, you can  purchase them through Amazon.



Yesterday though, I didn't have a gadget to help me fold all my clothes, but I did get the idea to go to YouTube to see if there were any videos on how to fold a shirt.  You betcha! You can find a video on just about anything you want. (Love YouTube!)  Interestingly enough, did you know that there is a Japanese shirt folding technique?  They do specialize in origami, so why not shirt folding, too!  Here is the video I watched.  You can actually get American versions of the video, but I sort of liked this Japanese version.  Good grief, she is good at it!



This shirt folding technique is just crazy, but I had to try it out.  I love my shirts to be folded really flat like this. Here is my result. I would say it worked fairly well. 


Although it works great for t-shirts and other short sleeved shirts, it doesn't really work for long sleeve shirts or sweaters. You can find proper folding techniques for those too on YouTube. Try it out.  If you can perfect this Japanese shirt folding technique, you will be pleased with the results.

___________________________

If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on Face book by clicking on the link below.
Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's the Malaysian folding technique that I think is better than The Japanese way. If u use the Japanese way, the sleeve will drop down dangling when u lift up the shirt. Enjoy... Here's the video of The Malaysian Method. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbMIdqOtaOc Please share this video with your friends and readers. thanks :D

Dobi Rapi said...

There's the Malaysian folding technique that I think is better than The Japanese way. If u use the Japanese way, the sleeve will drop down dangling when u lift up the shirt. Enjoy... Here's the video of The Malaysian Method. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbMIdqOtaOc

Please share it with your friends and readers. Thanks :)

Molly, The Blogging Mom said...

Thanks for sharing. I checked out the video and will try the technique. :-)

thelaughingman said...

Hi !
Thank you for the article and all your site, I really like it and had a nice time reading everything :)
If you want you can check my site too (http://www.thelaughingman.tv/) with update

LinkWithin