I want to live on a Farm! ~ Mom Blog ~ | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Friday, October 29, 2010

I want to live on a Farm! ~ Mom Blog ~

.... and no, it is not ME that wants to live on a farm

Can you see me driving this? I will stick to my swagger wagon.
 We have all heard the old adage, "The grass is greener on the other side of the fence." Well, in this case, my very own thirteen year old daughter thinks the grass is greener in a cow pasture. I can not tell you how many times she has requested that we move to a farm.  She has darn near begged.... "Please, Please, Please, can we move to a farm?"

I keep trying to explain to her, "Madison,  there are no neighbors on a farm, and you are very social." She says, "Yes, but there are chickens."

What the heck am I doing to do with a da*m chicken, I ask you?  I realize that I may not always find the time to talk to my friends, but I am not going to settle for chicken chat. Plus, we don't even go through a dozen eggs a week.... egg salad, egg Benedict, french toast, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs... rotten eggs!

When I tell you that this would be an extreme move, I am not exaggerating. Keep in mind that I actually live in a country club golf course community with about 700 homes. So, we would go from 700 homes with people everywhere to one home in the middle of the boonies, no neighbors in sight.... don't think so.

She wants to trade the golf balls for cow patties, the tennis courts for hay bales, and the swimming pool (with a water slide I might add) for feeding troughs. She says, "But it will be fun!".... Ummmm... and what do you call the tennis, pool, and golf? 

As the story goes... she will keep asking, and I will  keep saying for the umpteenth time, "Madison, we are NOT moving to a farm!"


No comments:

LinkWithin