Top Mom Blog ~ www.thebloggingmom.com ~ | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Top Mom Blog ~ www.thebloggingmom.com ~


Okay, so I may not have earned the title "Top Mom Blog" just yet, but I am working my way to becoming just that. Who knows, maybe I have set my sights  too high too early, but I am sort of known for that. It does have a nice ring to it though. In addition,  I might even like to be called "The Best Blog for Moms" or "Number One Blog by a Mom". I could go on and on.

Having been a teacher for many years, one of the concepts I always tried to help my third grade students understand is that writers typically write for an audience. Now, I could have started this blog and given the address out to just close family, but that wouldn't be a big enough audience for me.  I have things to say, remember. Sure, I want to share the family pics and give the fun little details about my life, but what about the world news topics that relate to everyone? How about hot celebrity tidbits that I want to comment on? I even find myself wanting to offer my viewpoint on other bloggers' postings. This mom blog will offer all of that. You might say that I have just gotten started with the thoughts and ideas I would like to share.

Now, how am I going to achieve this top mom blog title? Well, I am going to have to work hard, that is for sure.  Anything you read about blogs and how to get recognized on the web will tell you that it's all about content, content, content. What you say in your blog has to be worthy of reading and it has to be said in a way to make your readers want to come back. Some of my topics will just come to me naturally based on what happens in my own life. Some will come to me when I read the news, listen to the radio, or when I read other blogs.  And, some topics will just come out of nowhere.  (I hope)

Who is my audience?  Well, moms of course.  But, that's not it.  I am not limiting myself to one little niche.  It is sort of like the movie phrase, "If you build it, they will come." Well, I am going to build it, and I guess I will just see who comes.  Right now, my site meter indicates that I have had visitors reading my blog from GA to California to Canada.  I have even had someone from New South Wales, Australia.

Where this blog will take me? Who knows.  What will come of it?  I will see. Where will my visitors come from? Time will tell. For now, I am having fun with it, so enjoy the ride with me.
_________________________

If you have enjoyed this blog posting, please share it by click on one of the social media icons below.
We love comments, so feel free to leave one.



No comments:

LinkWithin