Wear it Wednesday - Basketball Mom, Coach's Wife...My life! | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wear it Wednesday - Basketball Mom, Coach's Wife...My life!

It is Wear It Wednesday, and my tee for this Wednesday is.....
This basketball tee is perfect for me this week because basketball is about to get into full swing at the Phillips' house. Ashley, head varsity coach at Mill Creek, has been holding conditioning for the last couple of weeks, and even though Madison pretty much plays year round, she has eighth grade tryouts this week. 

I am really excited about Madison playing on the eighth grade basketball team, as this will be her first official school team. Yes, I am confident she will make the team because she works hard and has proven to be a great player. The middle school  plays all of their home games at the high school where Ashley coaches, so this is exciting in itself. Madison has hung out in high school gyms her whole life, so hopefully this will be familiar territory for her. I have sat in the bleachers for many years as a coach's wife, so this will be a fun new experience to be in the school gym playing the mom role as Madison plays for our high school cluster.



On top of Ashley's high school basketball games and Madison's middle school games, Gibson will also start rec. basketball. What does that mean for me? It means that my life from this point until early March of 2011 will pretty much revolve around basketball games just as it has every year for the past umpteen years.. said with a smile, of course.

Added bonus this year:  a six-nine month baby in tow  AKA crawler/walker that doesn't want to sit still!!




No comments:

LinkWithin