Baby Danger | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Friday, November 19, 2010

Baby Danger

Baby Dangers are Everywhere

I am convinced the best person to baby proof a house is the baby himself.  When Hudson first started scooting around, I walked all over the main part of our house looking for things that I thought would be dangers for the little guy. I put the plug covers on, I covered up sharp corners, etc.  It never fails though, just when I think I have found all of the danger zones, he draws my attention to something new.  The other day I had near heart failure when he seemed to be gagging on something.  It turned out to be a small leaf from an artificial plant.  Needless to say, all of the artificial greenery has now been removed. As a matter of fact, my house has become somewhat barren looking in an effort to remove anything deemed 'dangerous'.

Childproofing is one of my least favorite parts of the late infant/beginning toddler stage because your house becomes so undecorated looking. I am quite envious of people that are able to leave knick-knacks on their coffee table and have the items go untouched by their little one. Not the case with the Phillips' kids. And yes, I use the word 'no', but a crawling seven month old doesn't quite understand that yet. Plus, every time that I have raised my voice or used a deep tone Hudson is not familiar with, he has just sort of laughed.  Guess we need to work on that one. 

With Hudson (and my other two were the same way), everything is like eye candy. He sees things, grabs them, and they go straight in his mouth, which of course means danger danger. It also means that Mommy can't relax. I would much rather remove the dangers and be able to sit back and relax rather than jump up at every worry. I'm sure many of you can relate to what my house has become.  Here are a few changes I have had to make recently:

Close Doors

Get rid of Greenery
Gates on Steps
All magazines, glass bowls, etc. are removed from coffee table

In the next week or so I will be decorating for Christmas.  Christmas decorations + Baby = Real Danger!


_______________________________

If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on Facebook by clicking on the link below.

Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often.

No comments:

LinkWithin