|My dinner table|
We, as a family, made this decision for financial reasons, but I would encourage you to do the same even if money is not a factor. I think you will find that your kids will start to enjoy it even before you do, and that in itself should make it worthwhile.
In order to help with some conversation starters at the dinner table, I have given you some ideas. Enjoy!
- Tell me your favorite thing about today.
- Tell me something that happened today that you thought was sad.
- How did you make someone happy today?
- Tell me something funny your teacher said. How do you think teachers can make learning more fun?
- What kinds of creative lessons did your teachers do in school today?
- What did you decide to eat for lunch? If you could design school lunches, what would you serve?
- You have one minute to tell me as much as you can remember about today.
- What are some fun things you think we can do as a family?
- What is your favorite subject in school right now? Least favorite? Why?
- Have you met any new friends in school? Names? Interests?
- Who do you sit by at school? How is that working for you?
- Do you ever see kids do things that you think are inappropriate? How do you think they should have handled the situation?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- Tell me 5 words to describe your day. Then have your kid elaborate on them.
- Have you seen any cool toys/ inventions on TV lately? If so, what?