Did you catch anything? ~ Mom Blog ~ | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Did you catch anything? ~ Mom Blog ~


Yesterday I picked Gibson up from school like I do most afternoons.  We were making our normal trek home, when out of the corner of my eye I kept seeing this flicking motion. I glanced his way and could see that it was his hand, and he was sort of throwing it forward in a quick jerk and then pulling it back in. Our conversation went something like this:

"What is that," I asked.

"What do you mean," he responded. 

"That thing you are doing with your hand. You keep throwing it forward."

"You mean this," he asked. (He showed me what he was doing)

"Yes! Why on earth do you keep throwing your hand forward?"

<<<< are you ready for his answer>>>>

"I'm FISHING," he exclaimed.

"You are what?"

"F*I*S*H*I*N*G,"  he said again, "How else are you supposed to catch fish?"

And then my laughing started.  I got absolutely so tickled at how funny he looked throwing his hand forward for no apparent reason, and then to find out he was  actually casting a fishing line and reeling it back in.

Before you think he is a totally wacko kid, I must add to this story that he had his ipod in his hand, and was playing a fishing game. I simply didn't know it at the time.

Now that I am thinking about it, I forgot to ask him if he caught anything.


___________________________

If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on facebook by clicking on the link below.

Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often.



No comments:

LinkWithin