Shopping Cart Joy Ride ~ Mom Blog ~ | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Friday, November 5, 2010

Shopping Cart Joy Ride ~ Mom Blog ~

When I went shopping today, I decided to try my fancy smanshie shopping cart cover.  I received this as one of my much appreciated baby shower gifts, and of course, I haven't used it before because Hudson wasn't able to sit alone until recently. Having not tried it out, I wasn't sure it was going to work.

Actually, I'm not really sure how you are supposed to see if they are developed enough to use the thing without actually trying it out at the store.  It's not like I have a shopping cart at home. So, when I pulled in the parking lot, I parked by one of the cart returns. This way I could attach the cover,  that was a job in itself  set him in it, and see if he was going to topple over. He did a super job and was actually quite excited. I was sort of excited too, as this is one of the many baby items they didn't market thirteen years ago when the other kids were this age. I love trying out all the new products.

As we went in the store, he was quite mesmerized by his surroundings. He just kept looking all around...giving the store greeter a huge smile,  focusing on the colorful displays, laughing when we went over a bump, and then.....

Then we got to the fish!

As you can see, I couldn't even get him to turn towards the camera. It's so cliche to say, but kids really are like sponges.  He was soaking it all in, and I enjoyed watching him. 

From this point forward, I know what to expect.  I have been there before. He is going to grab at any and everything he can get his hands on.  It will go something like this.....

Previous shopping trip:  "Look at the cute stuffed duckie!"
New shopping trip:  "Don't grab the duckie!"

Previous shopping trip:   "Awww, look at the pretty shirts."
New shopping trip:   "Please don't grab the shirts and pull them off the rack!"

Previous shopping trip:   "Wow, look at all the colors on this food display."
New shopping trip:    "Clean up on isle three!"


____________________________


If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on facebook by clicking on the link below.
Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often.



This is the Eddie Bauer shopping cart cover I have.  It would make a great gift!

No comments:

LinkWithin