This Mom is Addicted to the White Powdery Stuff ~ Mom Blog ~ | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Saturday, November 6, 2010

This Mom is Addicted to the White Powdery Stuff ~ Mom Blog ~

SUGAR
and NO, it's not that white powder!  It's the other white powder.  otherwise known as... sUgAr!!!  flour, too.

In my determination to get the last 15ish pounds off from my pregnancy seven months ago (gained a near 50 pounds), I decided to pretty much give up sugary carb type products.  Not all products but most products.  I am not really eating desserts except maybe a yogurt or a Skinny Cow bar. I am eating oatmeal for breakfast, and I can have fresh fruit. I'm trying not to eat cookies, chips, and bread. Mostly I am filling up on steamed veggies with whole grain low-fat rice with tuna or chicken.  I have created a to-die-for dieter's recipe dish, which I will think about posting at some point. Let's see .... maybe it will help me drop these annoying pounds, and then I will think about selling you the recipe..HA!

Now, keep in mind that this is just my fifth day doing this.  Honestly though, I can't believe I have made it this far. Why?  Just as the title elicits, I love carbs!  Of course, most of the diet books will tell you that if you feed your body sugary carbs, it will naturally start to crave them.  It is just a viscous cycle.  I know if I cave in and eat a brownie, I am pretty much done for until I gain more control over this sugar habit I have developed. I am not one of those people that is all out against sugar.  I don't want to totally remove it forever from my diet.  I just need control!  Basically ...."My name is Molly, and I am addicted to sugar!"

My daughter said to me the other night when I said I could eat six brownies, " Don't you know....food makes you look better than it tastes,  or is it, you look better than food feels... or something like that.." ...LOL

I said, "Do you mean, thin feels better than food tastes." 

"Yeah, that's it", she said.  She was just trying to be her sweet self and help me out. 

It is a process though, and if you have ever tried to give up sugar (or some other product for that matter), you can relate to what I am talking about.  Here is a recent scenario.  As I was shopping for groceries and passed the cookie samples at the grocery store, I really really wanted one. It's like they called my name... "Molly.... Molly... we know you see us.  We know you see our chunky chocolate chips nestled inside our crunchy outer crust. You know you can't deny us..."   Damn, you cookies!!!  I am proud to say that I did not take one, thank you very much!

Well, thin does feel good. Plus, all those carbs are not good for me.  Hopefully I can hang with it.  I will keep you posted as to how it goes. 

_________________________________

If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on face book by clicking on the link below.

Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often.



3 comments:

rant rave said...

I have given up all refined sugar for a year and a half (this was a few years ago). It's tough. Everything has sugar in it these days. I was definitely a sugar addict and let me tell you that there is a withdrawl from sugar. Good luck with your last 15lbs. It sounds like you're on the right track.

Anonymous said...

I was just reading through your blog, saw it on SDL, and I can relate to the "last 15 pounds". My husband and I are eating no sugar or food that converts to sugar. I've wanted to for a while, but it was hard by myself so when my DH found a diet he liked and said to do it, wow! What a blessing. He has already lost most of that "round roll" and so have I but now I need to do some cardio. Hope your hanging in there, it is so worth losing the weight.

rant rave said...

I have given up all refined sugar for a year and a half (this was a few years ago). It's tough. Everything has sugar in it these days. I was definitely a sugar addict and let me tell you that there is a withdrawl from sugar. Good luck with your last 15lbs. It sounds like you're on the right track.

LinkWithin