Developmental Milestones ~ Mom Blog ~ | Mom Blog: written by a teacher-mom, but not just for moms- a blog for everyone

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Developmental Milestones ~ Mom Blog ~

Today, Hudson hit yet another developmental milestone.  I just can't believe how times flies.  He has been sitting by himself for a few weeks, but he has not been able to get into the sitting position without assistance.  Earlier in the day, I looked over and he was sitting, but I couldn't remember if I had put him that way or not. From that point on, I made a point to take note of how I left him when I placed him on the floor to play. Several hours later, there he was again, sort of looking like he was going to sit up.  I grabbed the camera and sure enough, he sat right up.  As you can see, he got a huge smile on his face.  Being able to witness these developmental milestones is one of the reasons I chose to take a year's leave from my teaching job.  If I were at work, I would have been teaching twenty-two other kids and enjoyed every minute of it, but I would have missed this very important developmental stage in my baby's life.  For these very reasons, I feel blessed to be at home.


____________________________

If you enjoyed this posting, please share it on Facebook by clicking on the link below.

Also, I love comments, so please feel free to leave one.
Thanks for stopping by. Please visit often.


No comments:

LinkWithin